WCBD TV is an NBC Affiliate Station owned by Nexstar Media Inc. We are located in the beautiful Lowcountry area of Charleston, SC. Charleston is known for its warm weather, friendly people, charming downtown, outstanding food, beautiful beaches, and so much history.
This is a transactional Account Executive position, where the majority of time is spent negotiating transactional TV buys with established agencies. Agency or TV knowledge is preferred. This position is compensated at 100% commission, which is generated from an established/billing list that will be assigned.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit counton2.com.