|WLTX-TV in Columbia, SC is seeking an experienced journalist to work as Executive Producer in our room.
In this position, you will work with the on-air, producing, production, and digital teams to drive the gathering, creation, presentation and distribution of engaging, compelling content across all broadcast and digital platforms. This leader will work closely with the News Director and other newsroom management to continue to grow the station’s ratings, brand, and create content with an audience-focused, inclusive journalism strategy.
Our ideal candidate has strong editorial news judgment, thrives during breaking news, utilizes analytics, social listening, research, and at least 8 years of news producing/newsroom leadership experience to help make sound editorial decisions for the newsroom.
- Coordinates and oversees daily newsgathering efforts at night.
- Oversees early morning and midday newscasts.
- Assigns daily stories and projects to reporters, anchors, photographers, and the digital team and monitors the progress of story development throughout the evening.
- Focuses on accuracy and strong writing in our scripts, copy editing and closely working with reporters and producers to create accurate, informative, and engaging content.
- Works with the management team to approve all on-air scripts prior to news broadcasts.
- Aggressively covers breaking news for all platforms.
- Champions story planning and works with the entire team to produce engaging storytelling through strong writing, visuals, use of sound, graphics, and other production techniques.
- Boldly participates in the newsroom editorial meetings to make editorial decisions.
- Works with the editorial team on developing best practices and innovating our newscasts.
- Collaborates with the news team on potential story ideas and planning for both on-air and digital coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or equivalent experience
- Must have a strong working knowledge of all aspects of newscast production, AP-style broadcast writing, and journalistic standards.
- Knows how to produce and showcase?content?in a newsroom environment
- Excellent copyediting skills
- A desire and demonstrated ability to lead other journalists
- Strong organizational, motivational, and communication skills
- Ability to work and be on call nights and weekends
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and champion change
Apply Online URL:
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal-opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.