|WPDE is seeking an experienced, hands-on Assistant News Director with strong leadership skills to help lead an incredible team of highly committed journalists. Our mission is to produce impact stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
- Assist in the management of the station’s news operations, developing goals and strategies, and overseeing the news staff
- Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Train, develop, and coach reporters and MMJs
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Direct newsroom operations, review scripts and manage schedules
- Help News Director recruit and hire for news department personnel
- Collaborate with News Director to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Ability to handle breaking news situations and changing events
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Apply Online URL:
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!