|Category:Media – Journalism – Newspaper
|Position/Title:Broadcast Director – 014723
|Details:WLTX-TV in Columbia, S.C. is looking for a Director . The person filling this role will be tasked with the technical directing and switching of our live broadcasts using a Production Control Switcher, shooting video and editing video for newscasts and operating audio. In this position you’ll be tasked with quality studio production for News.
We are seeking someone who can collaborate to help transform and grow our visual product in the ever-changing world of live local news. The ideal candidate will bring some forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us draw in diverse viewers.
- Oversee the overall look of our product across multiple platforms.
- Use up-to-date editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Use creative production techniques including use of graphics and other media to enhance storytelling
- Attend editorial meetings, suggest story ideas and participate in discussions which guide our editorial process
- Ability to adapt and quickly change for breaking news and unexpected special events.
- Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and graphics systems
- Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Chyron, Edius, Dejero, TVU
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must have 1-3 years of experience directing
- Non-linear editing capabilities
- Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
- Be proactive in identifying and correcting problems before they hit the air
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, calmly
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must.
- May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Valid S.C. Driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required
- Experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
|Apply Online URL:http://www.jobs.net/j/JHlkVwLW