Website WMBF News
WMBF News in Myrtle Beach is searching for a motivated and dynamic producer to join our award-winning news team. Our producers are newsroom leaders who are responsible for not only their own newscast but also help make content decisions and confirm information for the entire newsroom. A successful candidate will be able to adapt quickly to breaking news or when new stories are confirmed, be a strong writer, and have a passion for creative showcasing and storytelling. We are looking for a producer who can work well with our entire team—including anchors, meteorologists, reporters and directors—and can communicate their visions with them.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
* Develop and produce a newscast to include writing, story selection, showcasing, and editing
* Be available for severe weather coverage
* Use both newscast writing and AP style
* Contribute story ideas during daily editorial meetings
* May include other newsroom tasks as assigned
* A college degree in journalism, mass communication, or a related field is required.
* Flexibility when it comes to a day-to-day role in the newsroom
* Ideal candidates will have at least one year of news-producing experience.
* Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work, and apply feedback.
* Understanding of and adherence to AP Style.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
* Ability to work long hours, weekends, holidays, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
* Must be team oriented
* Experience with ENPS and non-linear editing software (EDIUS) is a plus
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now and”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.