• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-5 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems – preferably in a local TV news department environment.
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Ability to adapt and quickly change on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
• Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems.
• Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Vertigo, Grass Valley.
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Privacy Notice for California Candidates