The Lowcountry's News Leader
Would you like to work for the #1 station in a city consistently named by T+L as one of the best cities in the world? WCSC in Charleston, South Carolina has been the dominant #1 station in the market since sign-on in 1953. The world-famous food scene, high-tech growth and hot real estate make Charleston one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Manufacturing jobs at Boeing, Mercedes and Volvo and the world-class medical community continue to make the Lowcountry a destination market. WCSC Live 5 is committed to serving the Lowcountry with breaking news, weather and investigative journalism and is the most recognized and awarded news team in the market. Learn more about WCSC Live 5 at Live5News.com
A Senior Digital Sales Specialist at WCSC Live 5 News represents our brand to a community of local clients, advertising agencies and the general public. You are a business partner and consultant providing media planning and creative strategy support alongside the Account Executives to help local businesses meet their goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Provide customer service and act as the point of contact for AE’s and clients.
• Efficiently and effectively execute new and revised digital orders.
• Traffic all ads and confirm launch success.
• Monitor the scheduling, pacing, and implementation of all advertising campaigns to ensure timely, accurate implementation, and full delivery.
• Communicate effectively and closely with AE’s and external teams.
• Ensure that campaign revisions are fully communicated and executed with 100% accuracy.
• Maintain processes and best practices and provide suggestions to leadership on improvement opportunities.
Strategic: The ability to align the digital campaign plan with the organization’s strategic objectives is paramount to success in this role. Being client-facing and able to strategize a successful plan based on client needs.
Analytical: Interpreting data and being capable of adjusting the digital strategy based on analytics is a plus with the ability to articulate and relate data to clients with ease.
Tactical: Capable of handling tactical aspects of digital campaigns; ability to solve technical problems related to website, content, advertising, and marketing efforts. Ensuring that the desired outcomes are being met based on client feedback.
A Creator: Technically savvy combined with creative vision — Digital Marketing is partly science but, make no mistake, it takes a creative mind to fill this role.
• Highly motivated team player
• Superior multitasking skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and handle multiple requests daily
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Possess superb written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PPT
• Google Certification, Broadcast Industry experience and Meta Business Suite and Ads Manager experience preferred
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WCSC, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd, Charleston, SC 29414
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.