The Lowcountry's News Leader
Live 5 is seeking an assignment manager with previous hard news enterprise reporting experience to join our management team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced journalist to work with our MMJs on storytelling, beat assignments and enterprise reporting. Our next Assignment Manager will develop sources and workflow for the assignment desk. The Assignment Manager will help supervise the flow of information to the newsroom and work with our management team on investigative and enterprise reporting.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Work closely with the MMJs on storytelling.
– Make calls and track down information for newscasts
– Deploy crews to breaking news
– Previous news manager experience preferred
– 5 years of reporting experience a plus
– Assignment desk experience beneficial
– Demonstrated knowledge of open records laws
– Ability to work independently with little supervision
– Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
– Willing to work flexible hours and work well with coworkers
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.
WCSC, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd, Charleston, SC 29414
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.