The Lowcountry's News Leader
WCSC-TV is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer to work closely with the Chief Engineer in oversight of all studio operations, technical maintenance and signal transmission. This hands-on supervisory position in a fast- paced local news environment requires excellent communication skills and an ability to maintain composure in high stress situations. A willingness to work a flexible schedule, including on call status, and knowledge of FCC rules and regulations required. Minimum of 5 years TV broadcast engineering experience in RF/Microwave, digital technologies and equipment maintenance preferred.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assist Chief Engineer in all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events and programs.
• Assist in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects and staffing.
• Manage the maintenance and repair of the towers, antennas, and transmission lines/connections.
• Manage the maintenance and repair of all company facilities associated with our station. This includes HVAC, generators, security systems, satellite dishes, electrical, hardware, etc.
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions.
• To be able to perform the Chief Engineering duties in his absence
• Have expert knowledge regarding broadcast news equipment, transmitters, microwaves, satellite, and IT streaming equipment.
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems.
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on call services 24/7.
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate and adapt in high pressure situations
• Self-starter to lead projects from start to finish in a timely manner
• Must have 5 years of working experience in broadcast engineering
• Managerial or supervisory experience desired
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related is preferred
Qualified applicants go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com