Assistant Chief Engineer
The Lowcountry's News Leader
WCSC-TV is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer to work closely with the Chief Engineer in oversight of all studio operations, technical maintenance and signal transmission. This hands-on supervisory position in a fast- paced local news environment requires excellent communication skills and an ability to maintain composure in high stress situations. A willingness to work a flexible schedule, including on call status, and knowledge of FCC rules and regulations required. Minimum of 5 years TV broadcast engineering experience in RF/Microwave, digital technologies and equipment maintenance preferred.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assist Chief Engineer in all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events and programs.
• Assist in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects and staffing.
• Manage the maintenance and repair of the towers, antennas, and transmission lines/connections.
• Manage the maintenance and repair of all company facilities associated with our station. This includes HVAC, generators, security systems, satellite dishes, electrical, hardware, etc.
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions.
• To be able to perform the Chief Engineering duties in his absence
• Have expert knowledge regarding broadcast news equipment, transmitters, microwaves, satellite, and IT streaming equipment.
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems.
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on call services 24/7.
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate and adapt in high pressure situations
• Self-starter to lead projects from start to finish in a timely manner
• Must have 5 years of working experience in broadcast engineering
• Managerial or supervisory experience desired
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related is preferred
Qualified applicants go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
WCSC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com