Lifestyle Host/Executive Producer
The Lowcountry's News Leader
WCSC, the #1 content brand in Charleston, SC, is looking for a Lifestyle Host/Executive Producer to work with the Marketing Director to lead the production of a new daily lifestyle show. The ideal candidate will be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment with the ability to anchor a one-hour program and produce daily show segments, including sponsored content.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide daily on-camera contributions to a daily television show
• Interview show guests/clients both in-studio and on location
• Research, shoot, write, edit, and present stories on the air, including sponsored content
• Assist the Producer with writing show segments
• Research show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Producer
• Closely work with the sales team on sponsored content
• Ability to fill in as host and/or producer required
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Advertising, Film/Video, Journalism, or another related field.
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Experience shooting and editing video (Edius or Premiere Pro) required. ENPS is a plus.
• Must be familiar with social media best practices (Facebook/Twitter/TikTok/Instagram)
• Ability to produce content in the field independently
• Strong ad-libbing and interviewing skills
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Drivers license and good driving record are required
• Approve scripts daily
• Ability to fill in produce when needed
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
WCSC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
WCSC, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd, Charleston, SC 29414
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.