The Lowcountry's News Leader
WCSC is seeking a full-time Technical Media Producer to direct live newscasts, run master control, monitor on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercial content. Regular assignments will involve coding and directing specific newscasts, editing news content and running master control. The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver, possess strong leadership and organizational skills, and be able to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. We are seeking a team player who communicates well with co-workers. If you are someone with a technical background and you enjoy a fast-paced live, automated television environment this position may be a perfect fit for you.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
– Code and Direct live and pre-recorded news productions.
– Work with news producers and team to prepare for newscasts.
– Running master control programming, ingest commercials and program content.
– Monitoring on-air signals, transmitter readings, and other FCC duties as assigned.
– Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, station projects, etc.
– Other Duties as Assigned
– The successful candidate must possess strong communication and people skills.
– Knowledgeable at operating PCs and automation software.
– Prior production and master control experience is a plus.
– Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
– Candidates must be willing to work any shift including weekends or holidays. – Requires skill with Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, VizRT graphics system, Evertz master control video switcher, Crispin Master Control automation, Edius editing software, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: remote camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite/ENG/bonded cellular operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and desktop editing.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload resume, cover letter, and references
WCSC, 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd, Charleston, SC 29414
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org