WCSC Director of Marketing
The Lowcountry's News Leader
WCSC is seeking a high-energy, highly creative Director of Marketing with a sense of urgency and strong interpersonal skills to lead our creative team! The position is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of the station’s marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities and has oversight of commercial production, special non-news programming, digital, and graphics for all platforms, including WCSC’s secondary channels.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the Marketing and Creative Services team.
• Developing and coordinating station marketing activities with News.
• Working closely with Sales to develop and execute revenue-generating campaigns/promotions.
• Helping our local advertisers create effective messages.
• Overseeing and managing special non-News programming.
• Partnering with the News Director and GM on campaigns for primary and secondary channels.
• Working with community organizations on events sponsored by our stations.
• Engaging with community partners and market internally as well as externally.
• Ideal candidate must be a positive team builder, must be skilled in image building, topical writing and non-linear editing combined with the ability to train, coach, and lead our team in all areas.
• Must be a strong writer with a producing background with exceptional interpersonal skills, and an effective leader who will oversee a positive work environment for employees and work well with other station departments.
• Must have the ability to interpret and apply market research to guide initiatives and have strong attention to detail and follow-through.
• 3-5 years of experience in managing TV/Digital marketing efforts.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience in establishing long-range strategies and plans.
• Experience in guiding, directing, coaching, developing, and motivating team members.
• Great storytelling with strong writing, shooting, graphics and editing skills.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
WCSC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.