The Lowcountry's News Leader
WCSC in Charleston, SC seeks an experienced journalist with excellent news judgment, urgent/active writing, and showcasing skills. The applicant must be detail-oriented and work well with others in a fast-paced, high-stress environment. News is 24/7. The successful candidate must also be flexible and willing to work overnights, holidays, weekends, or overtime hours as needed. This is a team that delivers hard-hitting journalism that holds the powerful accountable and gives a voice to the voiceless. It is a newsroom that emphasizes a positive culture, training, and feedback. If you want to be a part of this award-winning team and make a difference with the work you do, apply now.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Developing and organizing a newscast
• Writing, story development and showcasing
• Working closely with news managers and assignment editors in determining content needs
• Enhancing content with graphics, video research, and station branding
• Making time-sensitive decisions
• Writing clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
• Demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Occasionally editing video for multiple platforms
• Performing other duties as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.