WIS-TV, the #1 rated legacy NBC affiliate in Columbia, South Carolina, is seeking a motivated, hands-on Assistant News Director to craft daily news coverage and help oversee our dynamic, Emmy-winning team. The ideal candidate possesses strong news judgment and competitive fire to drive audience growth on all platforms. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills and the ability to generate impactful news content ideas and strategies.
· Manage and schedule staff that produces 55+ hours of local news content a week
· Review daily newscasts and other content for quality control and provide feedback to news staff
· Implement and grow the station’s brand and image across multiple platforms
· Work closely with news content staff to create original programming
· Foster a winning newsroom culture focused on high-level execution of weather and breaking news coverage
· Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, broadcast media or related field
· Minimum five years of experience in television news, with at least two years in management preferred
· High-level understanding of journalistic ethics
· Ability to adjust and excel while working a flexible schedule
No phone calls, please. EOE/M/F/D/V
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.