WIS Television, the #1 station and award-winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina’s capital city, is looking for a Digital Content Producer with a passion for news gathering, solid news judgement, and the ability to thrive working under a deadline. Candidates should be able to think quickly and clearly and will display strong leadership and organizational skills. This job requires flexible hours and the ability to produce compelling breaking news on-air and for our digital platforms.
Candidates should be masters at crafting compelling headlines and social media posts to create maximum engagement with every news story. They must be able to work independently to act on news tips and confirm details with officials.
· Producing dynamic written and video news content in a fast-paced environment for distribution across all WIS digital and streaming platforms, including wistv.com, the news app, OTT, and social media.
· Working quickly to send out breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates and web stories that are updated as news develops.
· Collaborating with members of the digital team and the newsroom to produce and distribute news content.
· Posting to our online and social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software and other resources.
· Creating innovative and user-friendly elements for consumption across our platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content.
· Additional duties as assigned, including conducting interviews for stories to appear in a digital format or on air.
· 1-2 years experience producing digital news and social media content preferred.
· Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize tasks to meet numerous deadlines.
· BA or BS in Journalism/Communications/English or equivalent background.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.