WIS Television, the #1 station and award-winning NBC affiliate in South Carolina’s capital city, is seeking a Senior News Producer to join our award-winning team. We’re looking for a journalist and storyteller who is a news junkie with a drive for producing engaging content for all platforms (digital and broadcast). A Senior Producer at WIS must be able to gather and showcase engaging, new, and shareable content. This person will also help lead and serve as a role model and mentor for our other Producers.
· Create and execute unique, impactful, emotional, creative tv newscasts with the idea that every show is a blank canvas for a new work of art.
· Write and edit stories for broadcast and digital platforms.
· Develop content and pitch stories Research facts and sources’ credibility.
· Use social media analytics and viewer research in determining content.
· Help lead and serve as a role model and mentor for our other Producers.
· 1-3 years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists.
· Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
· Clear understanding of the tenets of professional journalism.
· Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts, and digital content.
· Strong social media skills with a nose for the stories that will go far.
No phone calls, please. EOE/M/F/D/V
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.