Website WMBF News
WMBF-TV, the NBC affiliate in sunny Myrtle Beach, SC, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our winning sales team. This position is responsible for growing existing accounts and developing new business by providing excellent customer service and offering multi-platform advertising solutions which include: WMBF-TV, Bounce TV, Circle Network, and a suite of digital media products. Success will be measured by meeting and exceeding new and existing business development goals.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
* Sell advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines
* Responsible for the negotiation of rates with local and regional clients
* Service existing accounts and create sales opportunities specific to each client
* Seek out and win the business of new advertisers
* Assist in the production of client’s needs and act as a liaison with all departments
* Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
* Seek out new information through research and utilize in client proposals effectively
* Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field is preferred
* Wide Orbit, Microsoft Excel, and Matrix experience is preferred
* Ability to get along with others and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships
* Superior knowledge within Microsoft Office
* Negotiation skills are required
* Attention to detail, willingness to learn new skills and software
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
WMBF-TV/(Gray Television) is a drug-free workplace
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. As a condition of employment, Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.